Here's the deal, I've been saving up all my money for a beautiful new camera body and a few new lenses. All of the sudden, I find myself obsessed with film photography. I'm in a dilemma.
Film is very expensive. We are talking around $2 every time you take a picture. You can't instantly see your images...you just hope and pray they turn out. If you have a professional lab develop and scan your images, it can take 2 or more weeks for them to be done. Seems like a no brainer to stick with digital.
On the other hand, you simply can't replicate the look of film. It's stunning, raw, the skin tones and colors are amazing, and it's timeless! I'm a mom and would love to have more kids (my husband thinks we are having 9...yeah right!). I don't want to be stuck starring at a computer screen for hours editing images after a shoot. I want to spend as much time as possible with my family while still enjoying my love for photography. Film feels like a perfect marriage for this reason alone. I also feel like shooting film will make me a much better photographer. If it costs me $2 every time I click that shutter button, I can't just take a million pictures. I have to make sure every detail is right in camera. And maybe, just maybe it would feel like Christmas morning when the final images make it back to me.
I have a family reunion the beginning of next month and my mother is bringing me my dad's old 35mm camera he used for his mission. I can't wait to get my hands on that baby! I feel like a giddy little kid, dying to play with this toy. I'm considering shooting half of my images in film from now on. Am I totally crazy? Thought's, anyone?
What's a post with out some pictures. I love these little hands and feet!


No comments :
Post a Comment