I
think Aaron Sussman said it best, "Photography is a way of feeling, of
touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever...it
remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything".
Remember
how forever and a year ago I said I was working on rebuilding my portfolio?
Well my friends, I'm excited to announce the new direction I am going.
Warning,
I'm going to get cheesy here for a moment. After hours of studying photos, I
realized what spoke to me, what moved me, and what even brought tears to my
eyes. It was the candid moments. The "real" moments. It hit me like a brick train. I feel
very strongly that the direction I want to go in is lifestyle. I want to
capture the little things, the real moments, and real life.
Am I
scared out of my pants? Yes! I have been told multiple times that when people
go to a photographer, they are looking for more formal portraits. In case you
were wondering, I will still shoot a few formal portraits. However, my main
focus at a family shoot will be candid moments. I realize that I might lose a
lot of clients, or even lose all clients. But I do photography because I love
it, so I will still take pictures regardless. They might only be of my family,
but I'm doing what I love, and that's all that matters!

Pictures shot on both film and digital.























Beautiful! I love that first one with the girl and the doggie! Such great lighting and film grain. These are the kinds of photos I love best too! I think people think they want the formal shots, but really fall in love with the lifestyle shots, just like you said:) Danny and I want you to do some photos of us and Dolly sometime this fall.
ReplyDeleteThanks Lynley! That always makes me happy to hear! We totally should go and take some pictures. Just let me know!
ReplyDelete